Wine Slushies for the Dog Days of Summer
These final dog days of summer make wine slushies the perfect late-afternoon refresher. It’s a summertime treat that blends the best things about childhood and adulthood.
With a few simple tools and ingredients, you’ll be on your way to wine slushy heaven. Basic directions: blend wine and fruit in a blender, freeze, and then break up before serving.
Indulge in a cool, refreshing treat with a few of our favorite wine slushy recipes like the Peach Wine Slushy, Strawberry Mint Wine Slushy and Sangria Wine Slushy.
Call a Wine Sister, pull up a chair on the patio and pour out a batch of wine slushies before summer ends!
Peach Wine Slushy
This is the easiest of our best wine slushy recipes. All you need is a bag of frozen peaches and a delicious bottle of our Middle Sister Sweet and Sassy Moscato
- 1 bottle Middle Sister Sweet and Sassy Moscato
- 16 ounces (a little more than 2 cups) frozen peaches
- Freezer bag – 1 gallon sized
- Place the peaches in a blender, and add the full bottle of wine.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Put the mixture into a large freezer bag, and place in the freezer for 2-4 hours to complete freezing.
- Serves six.
Strawberry Mint Wine Slushy
Strawberry and mint is one of the most delightful summer flavor combinations. Bring them together with Middle Sister Drama Queen Pinot Grigio in this fresh and cool recipe.
- 1 bottle Middle Sister Drama Queen Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups or 1 pint strawberries, washed and frozen
- 6 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- In a blender, combine the bottle of wine and the strawberries. Add the mint and puree until smooth.
- Put the mixture into a large freezer bag, and place in the freezer for 2-4 hours until it’s the perfect consistency.
- Serves six
Sangria Wine Slushy
Mix Middle Sister Rebel Red with frozen berries, orange liqueur, brandy and a touch of cinnamon for the perfect early fall, late summer cooler. It’s cozy and cooling all at the same time.
- 1 cup Middle Sister Rebel Red
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup triple sec orange liqueur
- 12 ounces or 3 cups frozen mixed berries
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- Serves six
- Add the full bottle of Rebel Red, frozen berries, brandy, orange liqueur and cinnamon to the blender.
- Blend until pureed.
- Add to a large plastic bag and put in the freezer for 2-4 hours until ready to taste.
Do you have a favorite wine slushy recipe? Share it with us in the comments! Cheers to summer, Wine Sisters!