Earth Day Salads and Wine Pairings
Happy spring, Wine Sisters!
Cheers to packing away coats, blooming flowers and outdoor happy hours. This season is all about lightening up our meals and lightening up our wines. To kick off the season, we’re celebrating Earth Day with greener, lightened up meals paired with lighter-style wines.
Here are our tips for serving wine like a pro this spring:
- Mmm… Moscato. Chill this fruity and floral wine, then pour it while enjoying a fruit and cheese plate on a sunny afternoon. Try Middle Sister Sweet & Sassy Moscato (shop online or find near you).
- Pack a picnic! Sandwiches and other ready-to-eat food make the best picnic fare, as they are easy to transport and leave minimal mess to clean up.
- Fire up the grill. Get back to grilling this season with lightened-up Portobello burgers or grilled chicken. Serve with a medium-bodied red like Middle Sister Forever Cool Merlot (shop online or find near you).
- Keep it cool. Always keep a bottle (or two or three) of a light wine, like Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or Rose, in the fridge. You’ll be ready when a warm afternoon on the porch is calling your name!
- Call on a cowboy. Bring a bottle of a barbecue-friendly wine like Purple Cowboy Trail Boss Cabernet Sauvignon to your next cookout (shop online or find near you).
And now, a few salad recommendations to celebrate Earth Day on your plate:
Make the most of fresh, seasonal berries with this easy to arrange, delicious salad from The Kitchen is my Playground. Enhance your fresh and fruity experience with a glass of Middle Sister Sweet & Sassy Moscato (shop online or find near you).
Forbidden black rice serves as the base of this earthy spring salad from Cooking on the Weekends. Pour a glass of another earthy go-to wine like Middle Sister Goodie Two-Shoes Pinot Noir (shop online or find near you).
Did somebody say bacon? Get all the comfort of a BLT sandwich, in a healthier salad with this recipe from Damn Delicious. Because we never met a cowboy who didn’t like bacon, pour a glass of Purple Cowboy Tenacious Red (shop online or find near you).
Looking to learn more? Check out our Wine 101 section for tips and information for serving all of your favorite wines.
Cheers to a fabulous spring!