Wine Slushies for the Last Days of Summer
These final, hot, sticky summer days make wine slushies the perfect late-afternoon refresher. There’s nothing like a tray full of frosty fruit slushies that blends the best things about being a kid and being a grown-up.
The great news is that with only a blender and some frozen fruit, you can make an impressive wine slushy yourself. The basic directions are to blend wine and fruit in a blender, freeze, and then break up before serving.
We’ve pulled together our favorite versions of the best wine slushies. Recipes for delicious variations like Peach Wine Slushy, Strawberry Mint Wine Slushy and Sangria Wine Slushy follow. In these late days of summer, treat yourself to a cool, refreshing treat.
Cold and fruity, delicious and easy, wine slushies are every Wine Sister’s best pal.
Peach Wine Slushy
This is the easiest of our best wine slushy recipes, all it takes is a bag of frozen peaches and a delicious bottle of our Middle Sister Sweet and Sassy Moscato
- 1 bottle Middle Sister Sweet and Sassy Moscato
- 16 ounces (a little more than 2 cups) frozen peaches
- Freezer bag – 1 gallon sized
- Place the peaches in a blender, and add the full bottle of wine.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Put the mixture into a large freezer bag, and place in the freezer for 2-4 hours to complete freezing.
- Serves six.
Strawberry Mint Wine Slushy
One of the most delightful flavor combinations, this bright mix of mint, strawberry and Middle Sister Drama Queen Pinot Grigio is perfect for late Sunday afternoons on the porch.
- 1 bottle Middle Sister Drama Queen Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups or 1 pint strawberries, washed and frozen
- 6 mint leaves plus more for garnish
- In a blender, combine the bottle of wine and the strawberries. Add the mint and puree until smooth.
- Put the mixture into a large freezer bag, and place in the freezer for 2-4 hours until it’s the perfect consistency.
- Serves six
Sangria Wine Slushy
Mix Girl & Dragon Malbec with frozen berries, orange liqueur, brandy and a touch of cinnamon for the perfect early fall, late summer cooler. It’s cozy and cooling all at the same time.
- 1 cup red wine
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup triple sec orange liqueur
- 12 ounces or 3 cups frozen mixed berries
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- Serves six
- Add the red wine, frozen berries, brandy, orange liqueur and cinnamon to the blender.
- Blend until pureed.
- Add to a large plastic bag and put in the freezer for 2-4 hours until ready to taste.
Enjoy our best wine slushy recipes to cool you down in these final hot summer days. Any tips for making wine slushies in your own home? Let us know in the comments!