Sisterhood Adventures: Wining and Dining in Denver
A few snow flurries couldn’t scare away the Wine Sisterhood from making a recent stop in the Mile High City for Bottlenotes’ Around the World in 80 Sips. What began as a windy and chilly trip, soon switched over to blue skies and sweater weather.
So the weather on the day of the 80 Sips event wasn’t ideal, but thank goodness we had the local fire fighters’ chili cook-off happening in Larimer Square to keep us warm. We even picked up a yummy souvenir for later – one that gives back every month of the year!
Now on to the important things – where to eat, drink and get a little shopping done!
1. The Market at Larimer Square – for multitasking at it’s finest. The perfect place to pick up a fresh-brewed caffeinated beverage, breakfast, grab a treat for later and get some work done. It has a warm and cozy feeling that drew us back for an espresso later that day.
2. Overland Sheepskin Company – need a new pair of ear warmers and gloves? This is the place to stop!
3. Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen – fun place to sample lots of small dishes. We stopped here with a friend for lunch and ordered a bunch of small plates to share. It was a wise choice. Everything that came to the table was delicious. Give the Itsy Bitsy Fishwiches a try!
4. Old Major – after reading about this new hot restaurant in Bon Appetit, we couldn’t leave Denver without a stop. These chefs are passionate about their food, specifically seafood and pork, what they like to call “contemporary farmhouse cuisine.” We like to call it marvelous.
5. Syrup – a modern take on the traditional pancake house with more than 30 different homemade syrups on the menu. Lots of small plates to sample like waffle and pancake flights or dive head first into a gigantic all-American breakfast – either are a fine choice.
Until next time… cheers!