Summer Sangria Recipes
It’s officially the hottest summer on record! And the perfect time for a summer sipper that will cool you off and satisfy your taste buds. A fresh, crisp sangria is ideal for picnics, trips to the beach and backyard barbecues. Here are a few sangria recipes we compiled to help you kick back this summer and beat the heat.
Wine Sisterhood Citrusy White Wine Sangria
- 1 750-ml bottle of *white wine such as Middle Sister Surfer Chick Sauvignon Blanc
- one cup ginger ale
- 3 medium oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier (optional)
Squeeze the juice of three medium oranges, one lemon, and one lime through a strainer into a large glass pitcher. Slice the citrus and add to pitcher. Add one chilled bottle of your favorite white wine such as Middle Sister Surfer Chick Sauvignon Blanc with one cup (or more) of ginger ale depending on your sweetness preference. If you want to pump it up a notch, throw in several hearty splashes of an orange-flavored liqueur.
Serve in large wine glasses filled with ice and garnish with a few citrus wheels. Note: we don’t add ice to the pitcher so the flavors won’t be diluted if you allow the Sangria to steep for a while in the refrigerator.
*Also try this recipe with the new Middle Sister Glamor Girl Bubbly! (Omit the ginger ale.)
Rachael Ray’s Italian Sangria
- 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine (We recommend Middle Sister Drama Queen Pinot Grigio)
- 1 cup grapefruit liqueur, such as Campari
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced, seeds discarded
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced, seeds discarded
- Ice cubes, as needed
- 1-liter club soda or seltzer water
In a large pitcher, combine the wine, grapefruit liqueur and citrus slices. Refrigerate until ready to serve (can be refrigerated up to 2 days).
To serve, fill glasses with ice, fill 3/4 full with the punch and top off with a splash of club soda or seltzer water.
Bobby Flay’s Red Wine Blueberry Peach Sangria
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar heated until sugar dissolves: cool)
- 1 bottle dry and fruity red wine (We recommend Wine Sisterhood Courageous Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 peach, pitted and thinly sliced
Combine the blueberries and simple syrup in a pitcher and lightly muddle them with a potato masher. Add the wine, Triple Sec, brandy, and orange and peach slices. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
Guy Fieri’s Sangria Perea
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1/4 cup lemon slices
- 1/4 cup lime slices
- 1/4 cup orange, slices
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup seedless grapes
- 2 cups red wine (We recommend Middle Sister Wild One Malbec)
- 1/2 cup peach brandy
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup lemon/lime soda
In a pitcher, add all the ingredients and stir to combine. Ideally, you want to wait about 1 hour for the fruit and the wine to infuse each other, but you can drink it right away.
What’s your favorite way to make sangria? Share your favorite sangria recipe with us in the comments below!