Build a Wine Wardrobe
One of our favorite ladies in the world of wine is the unstoppable Leslie Sbrocco. Writer, educator, wine judge, Emmy-winning television personality, international speaker and Thirsty Girl founder, we had the pleasure of having Leslie present a wine seminar at our Wine Sisterhood Gathering. Watch a piece of her seminar in our official Gathering video.
For those of you who couldn’t be with us in person, we highly recommend Leslie’s book “Wine for Women: A Guide to Buying, Pairing & Sharing Wine.” Whether you’re a beginner or expert, there’s something for everybody in this sassy little book. We especially love her genius “Design-a-Dinner” ideas which have to be the fastest and easiest way to rustle up a gourmet dinner from pantry staples— with the perfect wine pairings to boot.
One of our very favorite “Leslie-isms” is how she equates wine varietals to wardrobe essentials in order to help us get have a better understanding of what their styles and just where they might “take” us (Rosé on a picnic? Cab at a high-powered client dinner?) Now you’re talking our language!
- Chardonnay/White Burgundy – the “Basic Black” of White Wine
- Pinot Gringo/Pinot Gris – the “Denim” of White Wine
- Sauvignon Blanc/Sancerre – the “Crisp White Shirt” Wine
- Riesling/Gewurztraminer – the “Spring Dresses” of Whites
- Viognier, Chenin Blanc & Semillon – the “Femmes Fatales” of Whites
- Cabernet Sauvignon/Bordeaux – the “Classic Suit” Red
- Merlot/Bordeaux – the “Wrap Me Up In Cashmere” Red
- Syrah/Shiraz – the “Red-Hot” Red
- Pinot Noir/Burgundy – the “Seductive Satin” Red
- Zinfandel – the “Love ‘me Like Leather” Red
- Rosé – the “Beachwear” Wine
- Champagne/Sparkling Wine – “Make Mine Sequins & Suede”
- Dessert Wines – the “Pajamas” of Wine
Which is your favorite piece in your wine wardrobe? We’ll send a copy of “Wine for Women” and other Wine Sisterhood goodies to one lucky wine lover who lets us know!
Post your comment by end of day Thursday, April 19, (11:59 p.m. PST) to be eligible for the book drawing.