NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: Wine Sisterhood
- Administrator: Canopy Management, 1403 Jefferson St, Napa, CA 94559
- Eligibility: The “Wine Sisterhood Wines Photo Contest” (“Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry (see below for exceptions). Any individuals (including, but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion or supplying the prizes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies; and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win any prize. Employees, officers, directors of alcohol beverage licensees (including, but not limited to alcohol beverage retailers and alcohol beverage wholesalers), and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win any prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Void in CA, UT, TN, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories or possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is open to U.S. residents, aged twenty-one (21) years or older, except for the following: Residents of California, Utah, Tennessee, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories or possessions. Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local rules and regulations apply. The validity of the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. The Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules, including any ambiguities. All decisions of the Sponsors are final and discretionary. With respect to any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Contest, the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Napa County, State of California, or to the U.S. District Court-San Francisco.
- Promotion Schedule: The entry period begins on or about 8:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 6/11/12 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 11/25/12 (“Entry Period”). All online entries must be received and recorded by Sponsor’s computer by 11/25/12 to be eligible to win. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Promotion. No online entries will be accepted after 11/25/12.
- Promotion Entry: To enter, upload a photo of yourself with Wine Sisterhood Cabernet Sauvignon or Wine Sisterhood Chardonnay with the hashtag “#winesister” to your personal Pinterest account OR email your photo, along with your name, phone number and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Watch the Wine Sisterhood Facebook Page (facebook.com/winesisterhood) for clues on where to find the new Wine Sisterhood Cabernet Sauvignon and Wine Sisterhood Chardonnay.
Step 2: Take a photo of yourself with Wine Sisterhood wines at the point of sale or from your own home.
Step 3: Upload your photo to your personal Pinterest account. Use the hashtag #WineSister in your post and include the name and location of the store you found it in. OR email the photo with your name, email address, mailing address, location of where you found the wine and store name to email@example.com. If emailed, our team will approve the image and upload it to a Wine Sisterhood Pinterest Board for viewing. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on 11/25/12.
Step 4: Comment on our blog with a link to your pin. Comment on any blog post that refers to the Pin-to-Win contest, including this post: http://winesisterhood.com/2012/06/11/introducing-wine-sisterhood-wines/.
Once submitted, photos become the sole property of Sponsor, cannot be modified by entrant, and will not be returned. By submitting a photo, entrant gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/she has obtained all rights necessary to give such permission, including from the photographer, if other than entrant) to Sponsor and hereby grants Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub licensable, non-exclusive license to post entrant’s photo, name, likeness and all other information about the entrant contained in the photo on the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant’s photo, name, likeness and all other information about the entrant in the photo without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Promotion and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Promotion, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Such Grant of Rights will be confirmed by winner upon Sponsor’s request and winner agrees to sign any and all necessary confirming documents without compensation of any kind (other than the prize).
Entrant further warrants and represents that he/she has fully complied with these Official Rules and that his/her photo: (1) does not violate any law or regulation; (2) does not violate or infringe any right of any third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, such as but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark or patent, or rights of publicity or privacy; (3) is not defamatory, slanderous, libelous, scandalous or obscene; (4) is entirely entrant’s own original work and entrant owns or controls all right, title and interest in the photo, including but not limited to its copyright; (5) has not been submitted in any other competition or Promotion; (6) does not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; (7) does not contain the trademark, trade name or logo of any third party (but may contain a trademark, trade name or logo of the Sponsor*); (8) does not name, depict or describe any person (living, dead, or fictional) other than the entrant him/herself; (9) without limiting the foregoing, does not contain any material that is protected by copyright other than the copyright owned exclusively by the entrant, including but not limited to product labels that are subject to others’ copyright. Submissions may not (and Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any essays that: (1) include what Sponsor, in its sole discretion, considers to be obscenity, pornography, racially offensive, sexually explicit, and/or offensive language/content, hate speech or drug usage; (2) disparage Sponsor or any other party, including brands or trademarks other than those of Sponsor (this includes but is not limited to the brands/trademarks of Sponsor’s competitors); (3) advocate illegal conduct of any kind. Such entries will be disqualified.
By entering, entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties (as defined below) from any action or liability resulting from the publishing of his/her essay.
*Sponsor grants to entrants the limited, non-transferable right to use its trademarks solely for purposes of participating in this Promotion; such right will expire at the end of the Promotion. Any other use of Sponsor’s trademarks will be considered a violation of Sponsor’s intellectual property rights.
Limit one (1) Promotion entry per person or e-mail address. Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person. Entries must be manually key-stroked; use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Promotion (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation (including failure of one or more governmental entities to timely approve Promotion in accordance with applicable alcohol beverage regulations) or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion (including but not limited to terminating/suspending the Promotion in one or more jurisdictions). In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Promotion and award the Grand Prize in the Contest and the First Prizes in the Sweepstakes (as discussed below) in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Promotion will be posted on the website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Promotion.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Promotion and/or prevent others from participating in the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Contest Prize, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (1 winner): A 4-day, 3-night stay in Napa, CA, for the Second Annual Wine Sisterhood Gathering for the winner and their guest (2 people total). Airfare, meals in Napa and lodging in Napa are included. Approximate retail value (ARV): $5,000. The drawing for the Grand Prize winner will be chosen at random on 11/26/12.
Runners up (5 winners): Five runners up will receive a Wine Sisterhood goodie bag containing various Wine Sisterhood-branded items One winner will be chosen on the last day of June (6/30/12), July (7/31/12), August (8/31/12), September (9/30/12) and October (10/31/12). Approximate retail value (ARV) $5,000.
Use of third party trademarks are for purpose of prize description only and such use is not intended to suggest or imply sponsorship, endorsement, or the approval of this Promotion. Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to the Grand Prize not specified herein. No substitution or transfer of Grand Prize except with Sponsor’s written permission or where required by law. If for any reason announced Grand Prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute Grand Prize of equal or greater value. Grand Prize will only be delivered to address within the United States. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting actual value of Grand Prize.
Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by mail and/or e-mail. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within three (3) business days after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential Grand Prize winner will then be required to sign and return within five (5) business days an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law. If the Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release (or any other required documents) are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received. The alternate winner will be also selected at random. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- General Conditions: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Acceptance of prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for Sponsor, Administrator and their respective successors, representatives and assigns to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winner’s list without compensation or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
- Limitation of Liability: By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, shareholders, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of prize. No more than the prizes stated above will be awarded.
- Disputes: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or an appropriate California State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- Winner’s List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Wine Sisterhood Wines Photo Contest”, c/o Canopy Management 1403 Jefferson St, Napa, CA 94559, for receipt no later than 12/31/12.