Laid-Back Patio Bites and Wine Pairings
Warm days are here again! Warm days eventually turn into lovely afternoons, perfect for patio snacks paired with our favorite wines.
Here are a few of our favorite patio-perfect bites with wines to pair:
Simple Charcuterie and Cheese Spread
Visit the cheese section of your local favorite cheese shop, using our tips for setting up the best cheese plate ever. Then visit the cured meat section of the store. Start with a hard salami, something a little more delicate, like sliced procuitto, and then get creative with a decadent pâté
Fresh Fruit “Salsa”
Put a spin on the traditional tomato salsa with a new version full of fresh fruit and herbs. Try some of our favorites like Strawberry Salsa, Avocado and Tropical Fruit Salsa, and Mango Salsa. Serve with a side of cinnamon sugar pita chips or lightly salted tortilla chips.
Pair with a wine on the sweeter side, like Middle Sister Sweet & Sassy Moscato.
Grilled Cheese Bites
Because it is still Grilled Cheese Month, we wouldn’t dare leave out this savory snack. Cook up one or two delicious grilled cheese recipes, remove the crust and cut into bite-sized snackable pieces.
Remember these wine and grilled cheese pairing basics:
- When in doubt go with a full-bodied white like Chardonnay. The wine will always complement the buttery bread, no matter what is inside. Try Middle Sister Smarty Pants Chardonnay.
- Bring on the bubbly! Bubbly goes with any cheese and any sandwich, any time!
- Slightly sweet white wines like Riesling or Moscato will pair nicely with any sandwich that has a spicy kick. Try Middle Sister Sweet & Sassy Moscato.
- Adding any sort of “green” like pesto or arugula, go with a light-bodied wine with some acid like a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. Try Middle Sister Drama Queen Pinot Grigio.
- Light- to medium-bodied red, with reasonable acidity like a Pinot Noir or Merlot works well with any combination of cheddar and turkey, ham or bacon sandwich. Try Middle Sister Goodie Two-Shoes Pinot Noir.
- Cheddar and Cabernet Sauvignon are the perfect pair! Can’t go wrong here! Try Middle Sister Mischief Maker Cabernet Sauvignon.
Shop all Middle Sister wines in our Bottle Shop.