Spike the Punch!
Happy holidays, Wine Sisters!
The roast is in the oven, the table is all set, and the guests are on their way… it’s time to prep the holiday punch! Bring friends and family around your punchbowl with festive recipes that will have them coming back for more.
Here are a few recipes that will keep the holiday cheer flowing:
Santa Baby White Sangria
Feel free to substitute your favorite fruits in this sangria recipe. Try pomegranate, grapes, cherries, blueberries – go wild!
1 bottle Middle Sister Drama Queen Pinot Grigio (750 ml.)
1 cup orange liqueur
1 Granny Smith apple
1 Braeburn apple
2 oranges, thinly sliced and seeded
1 liter club soda
Ice cubes (as needed)
1. In a large pitcher, combine wine, orange liqueur and fruit.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve (up to 2 days).
3. Fill glasses with ice. Pour sangria over ice until ¾ full. Top with club soda.
Deck the Halls Mulled Red Wine with Pomegranate
Stove top full? You can simmer this recipe in a slow cooker!
1 qt. pomegranate juice
1 bottle (750 ml.) of Middle Sister Rebel Red Blend
2 cinnamon sticks (each about 2 1/2” in long)
6 cardamom pods
¼ cup honey
1. Combine all ingredients in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker or pot.
2. Cook until very hot. Reduce heat to low and keep warm for up to 4 hours.
Let it Snow! Sparkling Punch
We like using white cranberry juice in this recipe so the punch retains a beautiful gold hue with bright cranberry and orange accents.
Give this recipe a try with a Sister who is always the life of the party, Middle Sister Glamour Girl Sparkling White. Cheers to a very merry holiday! And
2 oranges (sliced about ¼” thick)
3 cups white cranberry juice (chilled)
¾ cup orange liqueur
2 bottles Middle Sister Glamour Girl Sparkling White (750 ml. each)
1 ice ring
2/3 cup frozen cranberries
½ cup mint leaves
1. Make your ice ring by pouring water or white cranberry juice into a ring mold (a bunt cake pan would work well). Add pieces of fruit and place in the freezer until solid.
2. Chill a punch bowl in the refrigerator while prepping the punch.
3. Place sliced oranges in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze, approximately one hour.
4. When guests start to arrive, combine cranberry juice and orange liquor in the punch bowl.
5. Pour Middle Sister Glamour Girl Sparkling White into the punch bowl. Add the frozen ring mold, cranberries and frozen orange slices. Add mint garnish.
6. Serve over ice in your favorite holiday glasses and enjoy!