Grilled Cheese & Wine Pairings, Simply Delicious
Turn your next grilled cheese into a gourmet occasion with a wine pairing to go with it. Whether it’s a classic grilled cheddar cheese sandwich or a dressed-up Grilled Cheese Florentine, a glass of wine can take your creation to the next level. We teamed up with our friends at Cabot Creamery to create a fresh batch of grilled cheese recipes and wine pairings that will have you pulling out your skillet tonight!
A few tips before you get started:
- When in doubt go with a full-bodied white like Chardonnay. The wine will always complement the buttery bread, no matter what is inside.
- Bring on the bubbly! Bubbly goes with any cheese and any sandwich, any time!
- Slightly sweet white wines like Riesling or Moscato will pair nicely with any sandwich that has a spicy kick.
- Adding any sort of “green” like pesto or arugula, go with a light-bodied wine with some acid like a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
- Light- to medium-bodied red, with reasonable acidity like a Pinot Noir or Merlot works well with any combination of cheddar and turkey, ham or bacon sandwich.
- Cheddar and Cabernet Sauvignon are the perfect pair! Can’t go wrong here!