Wine Sister Insider Guide: Town of Napa
Our Wine Sisters have been asking for it, and now you have it – our Guide to Napa Valley, Wine Sisterhood-style! In this guide, we’ll be bringing you our favorite places to wine, dine, stay and play in Napa Valley.
First up – the town of Napa. Here are our insider recommendations:
Andaz Napa, Downtown Napa – Within walking distance of all the new happenings in downtown Napa. No pool.
The Westin Verasa Napa – The Oxbow Public Market is just down the block. La Toque Restaurant is located in the hotel.
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa – Jump right on Highway 29 to head Up Valley. Nice pool and all the amenities.
Eating & Drinking
Norman Rose – Elegant bar food.
ZuZu – Tapas.
Angele – French, on the river.
Bounty Hunter – Funky wine bar and beer can chicken.
Oxbow Market – Lots of different, casual dining choices, fun shopping and people watching.
Hess Collection – Modern art.
Artesa – Red, white, sparkling wines–stunning view.
Palmaz – Spectacular, but hefty tasting fee—by appointment only.
Tips from the Wine Sisters
- There are 500+ wineries in Napa Valley! Pick the ones that most interest you (whether you like their wines or are interested in a particular experience–such as a blending seminar or food pairing session.) The Napa Valley Vintners Association is a great resource or check out the individual winery web sites for details.
- Most wineries are open from 10-5. Plan on one visit before lunch, lunch, then one or two visits in the afternoon. Leave more time if you do plan on a special tasting or educational session.
- At most wineries, if you buy enough wine or join the wine club, your tasting fee will be refunded.
- It’s ok to split a tasting between two people.
- It’s ok to spit after tasting—you won’t hurt anybody’s feelings!
- If you don’t have a designated driver, there are several town car & Limo tour services. Uber and the Black Tie Taxi services are also available.
- Most restaurants do take reservations, and it is highly recommended.
- Stagecoach Express in Napa will ship wine to most states (where legal). Call (707-257-1888) for more information.
In the coming weeks we’ll be adding more to this guide, stay tuned for Wine Sister insider recommendations for Yountville, Oakville/Rutherford, St. Helena and Calistoga.
Find more of our guides here: