Day After Turkey ‘Wiches – Wine Sisterhood TV
What could possibly be better than a Thanksgiving Day feast? All of those delicious leftovers, of course!
This year, we pulled out some of our favorite recipes and drew up a plan for what to do with all of those leftovers – Turkey ‘Wiches!
Between your leftovers and a few standard pantry staples, you can put together some out-of-this-world sandwich creations. Watch our latest Wine Sisterhood TV episode above to see how we put together our day-after Thanksgiving favorites. Then, check out the recipes below for ideas on how to pile up a winning turkey sandwich.
We want to hear what you think! Share your vote for the sandwich that sounds the tastiest in a comment at the bottom of this post.
Turkey Torta Thanksgiving Sandwich
- Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- Cinnamon Stick
- White Wine Vinegar
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Hot Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Favorite Toasted Roll
- Sliced Leftover Turkey
- Sliced Avocado
- Shredded Lettuce
- Cotija Cheese, crumbled
- Cilantro Sprigs
- Soak onion, peppercorns and cinnamon stick in vinegar for one hour, then drain.
- Mix lime juice, hot sauce and sour cream.
- Build the sandwich: Spread the sour cream mixture on the roll. Add a layers of turkey, avocado, lettuce, cotija cheese, and pickled onion. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Cubano-Inspired Day-After Thanksgiving Sandwich
- Your choice of soft sandwich roll
- 1 T. roasted garlic aioli (one whole head of roasted garlic, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise)
- 1 T. yellow mustard
- 1 kosher pickle, sliced lengthwise
- Two slices leftover turkey
- Two slices left over ham
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- First, make the garlic aioli. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice off top of bulb and roast foil-wrapped garlic until soft—about 30 minutes.
- Place mayo in small bowl and mix in a generous squeeze of roast garlic (to taste).
- Spread each side of bun with roasted garlic aioli, followed by yellow mustard. Arrange turkey and ham on bottom half of bun, top with cheese.
- Toast sandwich under broiler until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven, add slices of pickles and serve.
Provisions of Nantucket-Style Turkey Sandwich
- Two slices soft white bread, such as Portuguese (Hawaiian) Sweet Bread, Brioche or potato bread
- 1 T. mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 2 T. Cranberry Sauce
- ¼ C. leftover stuffing
- Two of three slices leftover turkey
- If preferred, toast bread lightly. Spread each side of bread with mayonnaise to taste.
- Layer cranberry sauce on top of mayo. Add turkey and generous amount of stuffing.
- Slice in half and serve.