Halloween: Not Just for Kids
Getting Cute or Creepy This Halloween
Happy Halloween! Can you believe it’s that time of year again? Time to put on a costume, carve your jack o’ lantern, and try not to indulge on way too many fun-sized candy bars. (In case you were wondering, a nice Monogamy Cabernet Sauvignon or Middle Sister Forever Cool Merlot would go nice with those chocolates, don’t you think?)
Whether crafting, cooking or creeping people out is your thing, we’ve got a few ideas that will keep you in the spooky spirit this Halloween:
1. Skip the recycling bin and transform empty wine bottles into ghosts, pumpkins and monsters… oh my! Check out how Lisa Lombardo created these clever decorations here on her blog.
2. Don’t banish your pumpkins to the front porch! Make them dinner-party centerpiece ready with this sparkly idea.
3. Give your guests the heeby-jeebies by dropping a few gummy worm-infested ice cubes into their perfectly delicious cocktail.
4. Create a hair-raising surprise as party guests scoop out some bloody red drink with a complimentary ice hand popping up in the punchbowl.
Here’s another creepy variation of the floating ice hand: Glow-in-the-dark hands with instructions from Middle Sister Wicked White.
5. Try a new twist on the traditional treat with these port wine-infused caramel apples from The Brewer & The Baker.
6. Headed to a Halloween party or having one of your own? Bring along founding Wine Sister Natalie Wassum’s Classy Pimento Cheese Dip.
Catch some more creepy, creative and crave-worthy ideas Halloween ideas on our Pinterest board.
What’s your favorite Halloween crafty tip? Share it with us in a comment below.
Check out more wine bottle and cork crafts at the links below: