August 30, 2012
Think twice about putting that wine bottle in the recycling bin and instead turn it into a fun do-it-yourself project. We know how crafty our Wine Sisters can get with wine corks, so we hit the pages of Pinterest again to discover interesting ways to up-cycle your wine bottles. Here’s what we found:
1. A bottle of spray paint in your favorite color and a few clean wine bottles – even mason jars – can turn into colorful vases. With little effort, these painted bottles and jars can brighten up any room.
2. Make copies of your favorite old photos to make an eye-catching gift or momento. Use this tutorial to transfer them onto glasses or bottles.
3. Here’s a cute idea for Halloween. Create ghosts, witches and pumpkins with these Halloween wine bottle decorating ideas.
4. And immediately after Halloween, you can be ready for the winter holiday season with frosted wine bottle craft. Pretty and sparkly for a Winter Wonderland effect.
5. This crafty idea involves cutting through a bottle. We found a no-blade-needed method here. With a few basic craft tools, you can make a beautiful new centerpiece such as these wine bottle candle covers.
6. For the more craft-savvy: You’re going to need a pair of safety goggles and a power drill for this one. Drill a hole in the back of a bottle of wine, add some string lights, and you’ve got yourself this wine-inspired holiday decoration.
And for the really ambitious crafty types: Collaborate with a few (hundred) of your favorite Wine Sisters and build your very own wine bottle house.
Remember to check out our wine cork crafts post and explore more DIY wine bottle and wine cork crafts on our Wine Crafty Pinterest board. Looking for some wine to enjoy in order to build up your empty wine bottle supply? Check out our new online wine shop.
Happy crafting, Wine Sisters!
Check out more wine bottle and cork crafts at the links below: