July 26, 2012
It only takes a few minutes to scroll through the pages and pages of pins on Pinterest to know that we have a lot of crafty Wine Sisters out there. After browsing through pins of incredible, do-it-yourself wine bottle and cork projects, we now know what to do with all those wine corks we usually toss!
Set aside some time this summer to get crafty with these ideas:
1. Corks, magnets, and a hot glue gun and a little twine. Couldn’t be easier to make these wine cork magnets for your fridge or other metallic surface.
2. Decorate stationery or invitations, add a splash of color to plain cocktail napkins. Cork stamps are clever and handy!
3. Eight corks make a cute wine cork coaster. Make several, wrap them with a bow, and voila! Instant handmade gift!
4. Hit your local antique or hardware store and pick up some vintage drawer pulls. Attach them to some wine corks and you’ve got fancy wine stoppers!
5. We’re sure you must have at least 175 corks, give or take, lying around the house. Gather them up, and you’re ready to make this attractive wine cork bath mat.
Whether you’re a rookie crafter or an experienced DIY project doer, why not invite some of your Wine Sister girlfriends over and create some of these crafty items together. Over a glass of your favorite Wine Sisterhood wine, of course.
Check out more wine bottle and cork crafts at the links below: